Bratwurst Onions Saurkraut Hoagies

This meal suits my husband to a T! He doesn't have much of a sweet tooth.He likes sour and tart foods such as saurkraut, pickles, lemons. He can bite into a lemon without making a face...I can't even put it to my lips without puckering!

Anyway, I sauteed the brats in a little extra virin olive oil and threw in a little butter cause we all know, thanks to Ms. Paula Deen, that everything is better with butter!

I even added a little oil and butter to the saurkraut making it very slightly creamy, not like cole slaw.

I drained the kraut to control the sodium and heated it up before adding two cut up brats. My husband likes to eat it as a dish and my son likes it best on a roll with grilled onions and no kraut so this meal is easy to fix for different palates.

I pan sauteed one whole sliced vidalia onion until translucent but before carmelization for the kid and there was plenty for him to pack for lunch today.

This is an easy meal because most items are processed and pre-packed other than the onion, although I do have frozen chopped onion when I'm rushed or to add to soups.

No comments: