elle's Version of Cream Cheese Wontons

I made six of these for a test drive and hubby left one for me, so, I guess they are a hit!

What you'll need:

Packaged wonton wrappers--keep a moist paper towel on top to keep them from drying out while you assemble.
Cream Cheese that is already flavored with onions and chives
Olive Oil
Butter

Cover the bottom of pan with olive oil and butter, just enough to cover the bottom, or less.
Put over very low heat to melt the butter and until ready to use and then go up to medium.

Put one teaspoon of the cream cheese in the middle of each wonton and then moisten two edges with water and seal into a triangle shape pressing closed on all sides.

Pan saute until golden brown and drain on paper towels.
The cheese will be very hot.
Serve warm.

Variations:
Use a butter flavored spray to save calories.
Make it sweet by using a different flavor of cream cheese. Cheesecake flavor and sprinkle with powdered sugar sounds good or fresh fruit with regular cream cheese or maybe pie filling for mini-turnovers.
Make more than six!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those sound really good and very easy!! I will try to make some this weekend. Do you find wontons in the oriental cooking section? o

elle said...

They are easy! elle's easy meals! :)
I found these in the organic section at Kroger. They were next to stuff made of soy. I'm not sure they were in the right place.

April B. said...

OOOOOHHHHH I have to try these! Thanks! Praying for you!

elle said...

Thanks April!

You guys let me know which flavors you use and how everyone liked them!