Modified Magic Cookie Bars

I bought the ready to make mix and since I knew from last time that I don't care for the butterscotch chips, I fished most of them out and added in extra semi-sweet chocolate chips.


I like them chocolatey and undercooked just a little so they don't get too hard.

These kinds of recipes are easy to make taste like homemade by adding in extras. This is why Sandra Lee on Food Network is so popular. It doesn't have to be one third store bought though to be that good. Just a few tweaks here and there will do the trick lots of times.

Just by mixing in a little extra vanilla to a store bought cake mix will give it homemade flavor. Adding in more nuts or coconut to the magic cookie bars would give them a "bought at the coffee shop" kind of texture and taste.

No comments: