Easy Buttered Rice With Parmesan Cheese

Another idea from the Food Network. Alton was making risotto and when it was finally finished, he added cooked vegetables and Parmesan cheese. My family likes regular rice but I thought maybe I could flavor it like a risotto dish.

I used boil-in-bag, store brand, white rice, cooked in the microwave for 10 minutes and then added butter, salt, pepper and Parmesan and mixed until melted and combined. Then I sprinkled on some dried chives and parsley.

My husband liked it very much and wanted seconds!

The rice dish was a good side to my oven barbecued chicken and canned whole green beans.

I used the Rachael Ray "eyeball measuring trick" with the butter and cheese and other ingredients. Start with one tablespoon of the butter and cheese and taste for flavor.

No comments: