easy Chicken with Onions, Bacon,and Gravy

My husband asked me if this is hard to make because he wants me to make it often. I said it's a little involved but not hard.

What you will need:

One half pound bacon cut up into bite size pieces and cooked until crisp.
One or two pounds of chicken cut up browned in the bacon fat.
One large vidalia or other sweet onion sliced and added to the chicken about halfway through cooking.
Salt and pepper to taste.
Milk
All purpose flour

When the chicken and onions are almost done, remove them from the oil and add about a tablespoon of flour and whisk for about 15 seconds then add milk little by little while whisking.
Once the gravy is browned and thickened, add the chicken and onions and stir through and let simmer for a couple of minutes and then stir the bacon in and let simmer till hot, stirring occasionally.
Serve hot over rice.

I adapted this recipe from a show by Emeril on The Food Network. He was cooking quail in bacon fat.

No comments: