Baked Tostitos Scoops with Weight Watchers Santa Fe Style Rice and Beans

I needed an appetizer today...it's one of those hungry days and this tasted great and doesn't add too many extra calories to my day.

I cooked the bean dish in the microwave and then filled ten scoops to the top with it and had a little avocado on the side and I was happy.

Even with ten full scoops I only used half of the rice and beans dish. We'll use the rest on the side and I may add some chicken to dress it up a little.

The baked Tostito scoops are 120 calories per 15 scoops and the Santa Fe Style Rice and Beans says it serves one for 310 calories and I had half so I had a nice afternoon snack for around 250 calories including the avocado.

Kids may like this for an anytime snack or an after school snack too.
It's filling, tasty, has many good nutrients and is low in sugar.

Tips and Ideas:

Add seasoned, cooked, cut up chicken to the dish.
Add extra rice, beans and/or cheese for a more substantial meal.

2 comments:

Kathleen Marshall said...

Ok, I just scrolled down the whole page and now I'm hungry. Thanks alot! ;)

Seriously, this is an awesome blog. Now I know where to look to find something easy and yummy to cook.

Nice job!

elle said...

You're welcome! ;)
Thanks for stopping by and for the compliments!