Feasting on Asphalt and Fried Chicken

Alton takes a bite of fried chicken breast and proclaims that it is the best fried chicken he has ever had! Quite a comment from such a famous and serious foodie!

He tries to get the secret recipe out of the tight lipped man who just smiles and starts singing the attributes of his grandma in heaven.
He did admit to seasoning the chicken a day before it's cooked but would only say he uses salt, pepper and a little shake.
"Shake of what?", Alton asks uselessly.

I think I've had the best fried chicken too and the cooks "secret" was to soak the chicken in salt water for a couple of hours before flouring and frying.
I suppose she could have been committing the sin of omission like so many other secretive Southern cooks!
I don't like to fry foods that much so I haven't tried it yet to see if she was telling the whole truth!

No comments: