elle's Easy Biscuits Cooked On The Stove Top


Quite by accident, I discovered that biscuits can be cooked in a pan on the stove top using just a spatula for turning.

It was a warm day and we wanted biscuits but didn't want to use the oven and add extra heat to the house.

I decided to try and see what would happen if I melted butter in a pan over medium heat and add a can of flaky layer biscuits so I did.

YUM!

Here Is What You'll Need:



One can of flaky, layered biscuits (a different kind or even the large biscuits may work well)



One third stick of REAL butter ( I feel like I just said Voldemort out loud instead of You Know Who)


A splash of olive oil


Garlic salt/ garlic powder

Melt the butter with the olive oil using medium to med/low heat and then add the biscuits.

Sprinkle the biscuits with the garlic salt and/or powder (to taste, a little goes a long way)

Turn the biscuits over when they start to turn golden on the bottom and sprinkle the new side with the garlic salt/powder again, maybe using less.

Turn once more.

Usually by the time the butter is absorbed the biscuits are done and ready to eat.

The texture reminds me of a doughnut, slightly crispy outside and tender inside.

Best served warm.

Sprinkling with parsley or Parmesan cheese adds a nice touch.

These go well with almost anything including Spaghetti.

No comments: