My First Homemade Macaroni and Cheese


This was so easy! I don't know why I put off making it for so long. I combined recipes I saw online to re-create that Southern Baked Goodness we remember.

Here is what I used to make this yumminess!

12 oz. of elbow macaroni cooked just until aldente or around five minutes
2 cups of cheese crumbles made with three cheeses (we really liked the combo flavor)
2 cups of 1% milk (use the kind you like best)
1 tbs melted butter (real butter)
2 large eggs (one may be enough but I wanted that firm custard texture)
oven at 350
bake for 30-40 minutes/let sit to firm

I buttered the bottom of my oval baking dish and added the cooked and drained elbows and stirred in all of the cheese.
I mixed the eggs into the milk and added the melted butter while stirring and then poured it all over the elbows and cheese and popped in the oven.
It was a hit and everyone wants me to add it to my regular menu rotation.

Tips and Hints:

I cooked the elbows in the microwave to save time.
While the elbows were draining in the colander I rinsed the bowl and used it to mix the eggs and milk to save clean up.
Make it healthier by using low fat cheeses and/or the new pastas made with whole grains.

No comments: